|Platte County Bank|
Postmark: PLATTE CENTER NEB JUN 18 1912 5PM
Mrs Wm Brunken
Must tonight take time and write a few words Since last Thursday Aunt Tillie and Mrs Van Allen were here and yesterday Uncle A and Charlie got them in the Car I suppose will have more company from Neligh This week Mr & Mrs Brunken
swere here yesterday to had lots of company Mama is about the same felt so offly tired today slept all afternoon Hope we will hear from you soon.
- "Mrs Wm Brunken" is Clara Marie "Mary" (Petersen) Brunken
- "Aunt Tillie" is Mathilda (Hansen) Petersen, wife of Andrew Petersen.
- "Mrs Van Allen" is unidentified.
- "Uncle A" is Andrew Petersen, brother of Carsten Petersen, Sr.
- "Charlie" is Charles Andrew Petersen, son of Andrew Petersen.
- "Mr & Mrs Brunken" is probably John Dietrich and Johanna Wilhelmina (Plath) Brunken.
- "Mama" is Ida Lucia (Martensen) Petersen.
- "Cacilia" is Cecelia Margaret Petersen.
Story - Picture
"The Platte County Bank was organized in 1879, and the Farmers State Bank in 1910. Both closed following the crash of 1929. In 1935 the Platte County Bank was reorganized as a cooperative. In 1945 it became a regular bank, known as Platte Center Bank." It is now known as the Bank of the Valley.
"In addition to his farming interests Mr. Petersen is a stockholder and director in the Platte County Bank of Platte Center and in the Monroe Independent Telephone Company."
|The Columbus journal. January 11, 1905. page 8|
DatePostmark: June 18, 1912.
Location103 4th Street, Platte Center, Nebraska. As it looks on Google Maps:
View Larger Map
- Virtual Nebraska - Our Towns, Platte Center. http://www.casde.unl.edu/history/counties/platte/plattecenter/. Downloaded August 4, 2014.
- Past and Present of Platte County, The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, Chicago 1915. http://www.olden-times.com/oldtimenebraska/n-t&cmiller/Platte_History/Vol_II/ppp2p424.html#p438. Downloaded August 4, 2014.