Postmark: MONROE NEBR 1915 NOV 12 5 PM
Mrs Wm Brunken
Hope your boy is better by this time. We are all well. I thank you ever so much for the picture you sent us Think it is fine. It was at Carstens quite a while before I got it along. This crowd is taken at home, at papa's birthday. Monday baby is a year old.
Please write once if you get time.
- "Mrs Wm Brunken", "Sister" is Clara Marie "Mary" (Petersen) Brunken.
- "your boy" is Harold Carsten Brunken, Mary's son.
- "Carsten" is Carsten Petersen, Jr.
- "papa" is Carsten Petersen, Sr.
- "baby" is Harold Herbert Griepentrog (born 15 Nov 1914), son of Lucia Bertha (Petersen) Griepentrog.
StoryThis is a birthday celebration for Carsten Petersen Sr. (born 19 Sep 1849).
The CrowdThese are probably mostly Petersen family members. Possibly the older gentlemen on the far left is Carsten Petersen Sr. Otherwise, I cannot identify who the individuals are.