Lorena Ida Griepentrog
Who's WhoThe girl is Lorena Ida Griepentrog.[See Story]
StoryI believe the girl with a cake is Lorena Ida Griepentrog, daughter of Lucia Bertha "Lucy" (Petersen) Griepentrog. This is primarily based on the resemblance of this girl to a picture that I have of Lorena in 1921.
|Grandchildren of Carsten Petersen, Sr. - October 1921|
Lorena's father died ten days before she was born. Apparently, she and her mother and brother moved in with Lorena's grandfather because in the 1920 US Census, Lorena is living in her grandfather's house located in Platte Center, Nebraska.
DateMay 1919, assuming that Lorena was two years old in this picture.
LocationPlatte Center, Nebraska.
- The cake appears to be a tiered two layer cake with multiple pineapple slices held in place with sticks through a gum drop or cherry. If I look hard, it appears that there may be one or two candles in the middle top. If so, then this is probably the birthday cake for the little girl who looks to be two years old.
- The picture of the grandchildren of Carsten Petersen, Sr. was taken at his funeral in 1921. My aunt, Mildred (Brunken) Kletke, shared this picture with me December 29, 2003.
- Lorena Ida Griepentrog was born 11 May 1917.
- In the Lorena Ida Griepentrog post, Carsten Petersen, Sr. "bought the Henry Seiblers house in town" during the latter half of 1917. And, according to his obituary, Carsten Petersen, Sr. moved to Platte Center, Nebraska three years before his death.
- In the 1920 US Census for Platte Center Village, Lost Creek Township, Platte, Nebraska on 5 January 1920, Lorena is living with her mother and brother in her grandfather's house located in the 5th and 6th Streets Block 13 & 14 of Platte Center Village.