|Confirmation c. 1906|
|Emil Herman Brunken - c.1906|
- Emil Herman Brunken, son of John Dietrich and Johanna Wilhelmina (Plath) Brunken, was born 28 Dec 1891.
- Girl - Unidentified.
StoryBoth of these young people are holding a bible. Probably this was their confirmation picture.
DateAbout 1906, assuming that Emil was 15 years old when he was confirmed.
- There was a sticky note attached to this post card that identified the boy as being Emil Brunken.
- Emil's next older sister, Anna M. Brunken, was born 01 Dec 1887 and was about 4 years older than Emil. While the girl in the picture is taller than Emil, I do not think she looks 4 years older than Emil. For now I am assuming that the girl was in the same confirmation class as Emil but was not Emil's sister.
- Several of Emil's brothers (William - 1893, Gustav - 1895, Heirich - 1897, Karl - 1899, Edward 1909) were confirmed at Christ Lutheran Church at age 15 or 16 .
- Brakenoff, Sherri. Confirmands; St. John's St. Luke's Congregational, St. John's Evangelical, Christ Lutheran, & Immanuel Lutheran Churches and St. Bonaveture Parish; Various Years, Platte County, Nebraska. USGenWeb Nebraska Archives, January, 1998. http://files.usgwarchives.net/ne/platte/chuconf.txt
- Emil's confirmation place and date can hopefully be found in Platte County church records. If so, the name of the unidentified girl may likewise be determined.