|Harold Herbert Griepentrog|
Who's WhoThe boy is Harold Herbert Griepentrog[See Story].
StoryThe cake is the same as the cake shown in the "Girl With A Cake" post. I believe the boy with the cake is Harold Herbert Griepentrog, son of Lucia Bertha "Lucy" (Petersen) Griepentrog. This is primarily based on the resemblance of this boy to a picture that I have of Harold in 1921.
|Grandchildren of Carsten Petersen, Sr. - October 1921|
DateMay 1919, assuming that Harold's sister, Lorena, was two years old in the picture with the cake.
LocationPlatte Center, Nebraska.
- The cake appears to be a tiered two layer cake with multiple pineapple slices held in place with sticks through a gum drop or cherry. If I look hard, it appears to me that there may be one or two candles in the middle top. If so, then this is probably the birthday cake for the "Girl With A Cake" who looks to be two years old.
- The picture of the grandchildren of Carsten Petersen, Sr. was taken at his funeral in October of 1921. My aunt, Mildred (Brunken) Kletke, shared this picture with me December 29, 2003.
- Harold Herbert Griepentrog was born 15 Nov 1914.
- In the Lorena Ida Griepentrog post, Carsten Petersen, Sr. "bought the Henry Seiblers house in town" during the latter half of 1917. And, according to his obituary, Carsten Petersen, Sr. had moved to Platte Center, Nebraska three years before his death.
- In the 1920 US Census for Platte Center Village, Lost Creek Township, Platte, Nebraska on 5 January 1920, Harold is living with his mother and sister in his grandfather's house located in the 5th and 6th Streets Block 13 & 14 of Platte Center Village.