Postmark: MONROE NEB, AUG 18 1911 5 PM
Mrs Wm Brunken
Dear Frend. Mary. received the card and think its awful cute of the children. got through thrashing yesterday got 800 bu. wheat. 400 oats. write soon. Your friend
- "Mrs Wm Brunken", "Friend" is Clara Marie (Petersen) Brunken.
- Signatory: "Lydia" is probably Lydia Tessendorf who lived in the next section over from the Carsten Petersen, Sr. family.
- Possible names for these children (left to right) are: Olga Tessendorf and Minnie Tessendorf.
LocationMonroe, Nebraska as per the postmark.
DateAugust 18, 1911 as per the postmark.
- There is a Lydia with two small children who lived near the Carsten Petersen, Sr. home according to the 1910 US Census, Lost Creek Township, Platte County, Nebraska.
- The postmark of Monroe, Nebraska is consistent with Lost Creek Township as many of the postcards from the western side of Lost Creek Township are postmarked Monroe.