|Carsten Petersen House|
The back of the picture reads: Old Petersen home at Platte Center where Grandma Clara Brunken grew up.
- "Grandma Clara Brunken" is Clara Marie "Mary" (Petersen) Brunken.
StoryWhile the back of the picture says that my grandmother, Clara Marie "Mary" (Petersen) Brunken, grew up in this house, this is not correct. According to Carolyn Petersen, who herself grew up in the house shown above, this house was built after my grandmother was married in 1905.
A 2005 picture of the Carsten Petersen house is shown below:
|Carsten Petersen House - 2005|
LocationThe Carsten Petersen house is located four miles west and one-half mile north of Platte Center, Nebraska.
DateThe first picture as apparently taken circa 1950. The second picture was taken in 2005.
- Mildred (Brunken) Kletke shared the first picture on December 29, 2003.
- Carsten Petersen, Sr. was also her great grandfather. Her grandfather, Carsten Petersen, Jr. inherited the property and then passed it on to his son, Carolyn's father, Melvin Petersen. The house was sold in 2005.
- Carolyn Petersen shared the second picture of the Carsten Petersen house on July 25, 2013.
- The first picture of the house appears to have been taken by a Polaroid instant film camera. Polaroid instant film cameras reached the market in 1948. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polaroid_Corporation