|Harold Griepentrog and Clarence Hellbusch - September 1915|
Postmark: October 19 4PM 1915 NEBR
Mrs Wm Brunken
Dear Sister Here comes two little boys wonder if you know them was taken on our Papa's Birthday The two Lucy's boy's They surprised My Lucy took it while we were eating supper. do you see it Clarence was amongst all strangers that makes him look so sober frisky and moved. We had a lot of company since Geo Michaelson & Herman Jannsen and maybe Geo brother Ed are coming down there. They are figuring to see you the 31st. I will let you know in time so they wont surprise you like Lena & W. did. Lena got your card she is so happy about it. Adeline is by Lucy these days. will stay a few weeks yet. will quit for this time so by by. Anna.
Harold Herbert Griepentrog - September 1915
Clarence Hellbusch - September 1915
- "Sister", "Mrs Wm Brunken", is Marie Clara (Petersen) Brunken
- "Anna" is Anna Catherine (Petersen) Hagelman, oldest sister of "Sister".
- "Herold", as is written on the shirt of the boy on the left of the picture, is Harold Herbert Griepentrog born 15 Nov 1914, Monroe, Platte, Nebraska.
- "Clarence", as is written on the shirt of the boy on the right of the picture, is Clarence Hellbusch born 04 Mar 1915, Humphrey, Platte, Nebraska.
- "Lucy" is Lucia Bertha (Petersen) Griepentrog, mother of Harold.
- "My Lucy" is Anna's daughter, Lucy (Hagelman) Hellbusch, mother of Clarence. Hence the reference to the two boys in the picture as being "The two Lucy's boy's".
- "Papa" is Anna's father, Carsten Petersen Sr.
- "Geo Michaelson" relationship is as yet unidentified.
- "Herman Jannsen" relationship is as yet unidentified.
- "Ed", brother of "Herman Jannsen", relationship is as yet unidentified.
- "W." is as yet unidentified.
- " Lena" is as yet unidentified.
- " Adeline" is as yet unidentified.
DateThe card is postmarked October 19, 1915. According the Anna, the picture "was taken on our Papa's Birthday". Carsten Petersen Sr. was born 19 Sep 1849. Hence, the picture on this card was taken 19 Sep 1915.
The card is postmarked as being from Nebraska. The picture "was taken on our Papa's Birthday", probably at Carsten Petersen Sr.'s home near Platte Center, Nebraska.